Regardless of where your health stands, it is beneficial to measure your current lifestyle. It will reveal areas of concern that can be worked on to elevate your health. It will also make it easier for your doctor to give you actionable advice.
Take a self-assessment test! Answer the following questions in detail and provide this information to a trusted professional. Work out the kinks in your health, and commit to attaining a higher quality of life…
1. Are you a couch potato? First things first: exercise. Do you do it, or do you avoid it more than you would like to admit? Exercising is essential for a variety of reasons. You are always better off exercising than not, and it is rare you will regret making an effort. It does wonders for every facet of health and well-being. Whereas being a couch potato leaves you vulnerable to a host of complications.
2. Do you park close to stores to avoid walking? This question reveals your mindset towards physical activity. Maybe it is a matter of habit but consistently choosing to park close to a store entrance shows a tendency to avoid exercise.
You cannot avoid physical activity if you are to be healthy.
3. How do you spend your time at home? There s nothing wrong with leisure time during your downtime. But for work-life balance to exist, it requires your health is looked after. The two best ways to take care of your health is to eat well and be active.
Always allocate some of your time at home to healthy eating and regular activity: this means you should exercise throughout the week and make an effort to cook your meals. You do not have to do these every day, but they should become regular habits.
4. How often and when do you eat out? Is eating out a special occasion for you, or has it become something you have learned to expect? Everything in moderation. There is no harm in eating out a couple of times a month. Any more than this, and you ought to be mindful of the choices you are making at the restaurant.
(Say yes to traditional salads, and no to fish and chips).
5. How much sleep do you get? If you are sleep deprived, it is going to create a slew of problems you may not immediately recognize. It is going to throw off your moods, appetite, and energy levels, making it harder to stay on the right track.
6. How much alcohol do you consume? Be careful with alcohol. That is all that needs to be said. If anyone in their 20’s cannot afford the internal damage it inflicts, it is even more relevant for you to keep your`intake at a minimum.